Bogor Old and New Contest, is a HAM Radio competition that aims at improving the operating skills of its participants.
I. Participants : Licensed amateur radio operators.
II. Objective : To contact as many participants as possible according to the rules of the contest.
III. Entry Categories : There are four categories on 80m and 40m band, although if an entrant wants to enter on only one band, that is perfectly fine. Nevertheless the results will be adjudicated according to the following categories:
- Single Operator SSB Indonesia
- Single Operator SSB World DX
- Multi Operator SSB Indonesia
- Multi Operator SSB World DX
IV. Contest Date and Time : December 31, 2020 fm 09:00 – 23:59 UTC.
V. Bands : 40 and 80 Meters :
Suggested contest band portions
40 M : from 7.040 KHz to 7.200 KHz
80 M : from 3.650 KHz to 3.900 KHz
VI. Power : No limitation (according to maximum permitted in license)
VII. QSO Points :
- QSO with DX Station (other continent) 5 point
- QSO with DX Station (same continent) 3 point
- QSO within same country 1 point
- QSO with 7E1A : 11 point
A station can be worked only once per band.
VIII. Multiplier :
First QSO with New Prefix : 1
IX. Contest Exchange : RS + Age (for YL is 00)
Example: 59 35 (Please don’t forget change Age in N1MM log selection)
X. Final Score : Sum of QSO point times the sum of multipliers worked.
Example: Final score = 100 Points x 11 Multipliers = 100 x 11 = 1100 points.
XIII. Valid Contacts :
Contacts will be valid if:
- Times of QSO match in logs ( ± 3 minutes)
- Band match in both logs
- The copied callsign matches
- The copied RS – Age matches
XII. Logs : Contest logs must include the following information.
UTC time of each QSO in four-digit format, e.g. 1215
Frequency of each qso in four digit format depending on the frequency e.g. 7155
Complete callsign of each worked QSO
Age number Sent, e.g. 35
Age Number Received, e.g. 50
Contest UDC (User Defined Contest) for N1MM Logger, available at https://contest.orari-bogor.org/download-file/
XIII. Log Submission : Logs must be upload at http://contest.orari-bogor.org/log-submission
XIV. Log Deadline : January 31st, 2021.
XV. Certificates : Will be electronically issued to all entrants by web.
XVI. Prizes :
- 1st – Indonesia Winner – Plaque
- 2nd – Indonesia Winner – Plaque
- 3rd – Indonesia Winner – Plaque
- Indonesia Call Area Winners Plaque (minimal of 10 station / call area).
- 1st World DX Winner – Plaque
- Continent Winner (minimal of 5 contesters in Continent) – Plaque
- National Winner – Plaque
- World DX Winner – Plaque
XVII. Contest Terms :
- Self Spotting is not permitted
- Only one signal is allowed to work on one frequency
- BOANC Contest Committee can disqualify contest participants who break the rules
- BOANC Contest committee’s decision is final and cannot be contested